Saturday, December 6, 2008

Giving

Is it bestter to support a cause whole-heartedly or to spread the love to many different causes? I sometimes feel a bit frustrated that there is so many very worthy causes, but I only have so much money to give.

I watched the CNN Heroes show last week (I know it was on on Thanksgiving, but I DVRed it), and it really moved me. I bookmarked several of the websites from the charities featured.

I try to remember to click on the breast cancer site & the related sites every day, freekibble.com, and when I have a few minutes I like freerice.com (I just learned that fecundate means fertilize).

I was thinking the other day about how we have so much "stuff", and I think I'm to the point where instead of gifts and more *things* I'd like donations or gifts in my name to different charities. My dad has always given a donation to Heifer International in our names - at least since my brother & I were kids.

So what do you do to help others? What causes/charities do you support? Or if you don't donate, what are some charities you've heard about?

No comments: