Monday, September 14, 2009

baby steps

I worked out today (yay me) and will continue working 5 days a week (see I have to be positive that I *will* do it, and not just say I *plan* to). It felt good, made me tired in a good way. And then since the sun was shining(!) I walked to meet my friends for lunch, and since the sun was still shining after dinner the kids & I took Roxy on a walk. Fun times! It was a productive day :).

I have been thinking about maybe joining a 365 photo group on flickr. But then I question whether I'd take any good shots. I still use the auto setting on my camera. I try and try to read the manual and many online "schools", but I don't learn by reading. I need someone to show me what is what. I'm trying to figure it out just by doing, but even if a picture turns out good, I don't know what I did to make it that way.
Anyway, since my flickr is all of our family pictures and stuff that our families look at I don't really want to put the 365 photos on there. So I made a new profile specifically for that (not that I plan to take any "risque" pictures, but in case I do I wouldn't want my Grandma to see ;)).

1 comment:

Crystal Chick said...

Are you doing 365 self portraits? Or 365 "anything" pictures?

I wish I could help out and show you some stuff on your camera! The best I can do is tell you to go to Pioneer Woman's website and she has a few articles called "What the Heck is..." that touches on Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO.

I think it's ok if you're doing a 365 in the auto setting. I think you'll see your skill improve regardless! :)

Friend me on Flickr under your new profile.