Saturday, August 16, 2008

Where in the world

Brett has discovered geocaching. His first experience was a couple weeks ago at day camp, they went on a hike to geocache (I don't even know if that is the correct way to say it?), and he didn't say much about it, just raved about all the hiking & swimming in the lake they did.

And then today was "Active in Our Community" (part of National Health Center Week Celebration), and they had a geocaching workshop. Jeff & I didn't go, the kids went with their friends (we were busy cleaning house for his parents visit), and our neighbors were there and they like to go geocaching. So Bruce was showing Brett (Jenn said it was Bruce's fault that we now need to get a GPS lol), and he had a ton of fun. So when he was telling us about it, I told Jeff he should call his dad and have him bring his GPS and we could do it while they're here, and he said "We can get our own." That's fine, I don't have a problem getting our own, but we're not going to buy it in this town, we'd pay double the price you'd pay anywhere else.

Anyway, his dad said he'd try to find it (I don't know, that's just what I heard Jeff saying) and bring it with them. I'll keep you updated as to whether we do any geocaching during their visit or if we get our own GPS...

p.s. my wish for a week of no rain did not come true - it's done nothing put pour rain. now we have soggy pond-filled yards that we can't mow (the grass is really high)

2 comments:

Crystal Chick said...

Yes! We love geocaching here! I only get around to doing it once every couple of months (it's too hot to really do it now). I have still have a little teddy bear with a travel bug on it that I need to put in another cache somewhere.

Karen said...

Geocaching is what I was trying to tell you about last year that my friend Liz from Friendship Quilters does. Sounds like a ton of fun. Mom