Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I'm still here

The sun has been shining, the snow is melting, and mosquitoes are out, so summer is on it's way. I had to put up the black-out curtains in our rooms so we can all sleep at night (it's "daylight bright" until after 9pm now). Only thing now is that they're not already awake when Jeff gets them up at 6:30.

It may only be upper 40s-50s right now, but the weather is nice! I bought some new capri pants & a skirt a couple weeks ago, because I have decided that I need to get out of the jeans and sweatshirts rut. It's so easy here to just put on jeans and a sweatshirt and call it good, because really where are you going? You don't want to wear nicer shoes because you don't want them to get wet or dirty/muddy, or your feet to be cold. But I know that once I get back to the real world it might be hard to break the habit of dressing like a schlub, so I am going to stop with the jeans & tees everyday. I am almost finished knitting some legwarmers, so I can still keep my calves warm when I wear a skirt (at least until it gets warmer) and look cute at the same time. It's a win-win.

No comments: