Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Look for the good

I was thinking of making a list of things I don't like about living in Alaska, but decided I should be positive first. So here's my list of things I like about living here.

~The scenery is beautiful

~It's a small town (where everyone knows your name?), and it's a safe town, so the kids have more freedom here than would have somewhere else

~The Coastie Ladies are awesome (and part of that can also be attributed to it being a small town, so we're always there for each other)

~You can "live off the land"

~Again it's a small town, so even though the price of gas is outrageous you don't drive very far (unless you go "out the road") so you can pretty much fill up once a month, and you can walk anywhere!

Okay, that's all I've got. It's not much but hey it's something! You gotta have a Pollyanna attitude living here

1 comment:

Karen said...

You forgot that Cordova has a knit shop and two quilt shops. Pretty cool for such a small town.