Thursday, July 17, 2008

While "window shopping" online for baby stuff (several friends & neighbors are preggers) I did a search for baby boy apparel from amazon and there was a lot of organic onesies that although very cute were $47.99 for a pair! That's just crazy. I am all for "going green" - buying all natural and organic, but not when it costs 50bucks for something that will get worn a handful of times?! Babies grow fast and for that price it better be something that will get tons of use.

Now maybe it's just that Amazon hikes up the prices, but I can't seem to find another online retailer that carries this brand's clothes (can only find the bedding). And they carry other onesies for $3-5 each.

I will say that the clothes are very cute, but still... Would you do it? Spend that kind of money to be eco-conscious?

2 comments:

Crystal Chick said...

yowch. i don't think i would be buying baby clothes for $50 a pop. green can also mean buying 'gently worn' clothes, ya know? (going for the whole not being wasteful part)

oh and a friend of mine pointed me to these diapers that are not cloth, but not disposable (gdiapers.com you can flush 'em or compost 'em). again, a little pricey. but i imagine in the years to come, they'll come out with less expensive versions of this idea.

KnittyMel said...

I saw those diapers on Amazon! I thought it was pretty cool, I had never heard of them before.