Tuesday, September 30, 2008

in mourning

My camera is dead. The Commissioner of Education for the state of Alaska was in town, and there was a reception last night for him. The kids morning music class were to play, as well as the Native Dancers and the high school choir (chamber singers?, can't remember what they were called). So the kids met in the library at the h.s. to warm up and all that, I got out my camera to take some pictures of them. I took one of Ashley, who was across the room so I had to zoom in, and then went to take one of Brett and I had to zoom out. Well it wouldn't zoom out, it said "lens error - restart camera" and turned off. I tried and tried to get it back on to no avail. I was googling all afternoon trying to figure out what the problem was and how to resolve it, and got nowhere.

R.I.P. little camera... It's been a good 2 years.
Here's the single picture I got (Ashley warming up her fiddle)

Hopefully we can get a bigger, better one now - gotta convince Jeff of that :). But luckily I had the camcorder with me so I was able to get their performance on tape so we can remember it forever.
Now to figure out how to get it onto the computer...

No comments: