Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Nothing to show

I have been doing a lot of knitting, but have nothing to show you. J will be home soon with my new camera & once I figure out how to work it I'll take lots of pictures and show off all my stuff. I just realized that B did not wear his Harry Potter scarf that I made him for his halloween costume, so the pictures that my friend took that night did not include it! I don't know how I forgot it, but he did wear it for the Halloween party the weekend before.

Now I'm having a problem thinking of what gifts to make for certain family members for Christmas. For my mom I have made her a scarf, hand/wrist warmers, socks, a Calorimetry (because she does not wear hats)... And then for my stepmom I've made her a scarf, a felted bag, felted slipper boots, and I've also made them both soap sweaters & wash cloths. So now I'm having a hard time thinking of things that they'd like or use. They live in a bit warmer climate than I do (and I don't think they share my love of a different scarf & hat every day)so they don't have a big need for scarves, hats, gloves/mittens. My mom has anew house filled with new furniture & color schemes in all the rooms, so I don't even know what type/color of pillow would look nice on a bed or couch, or if she has a teapot that needs a cozy (she does love tea, but I think she microwaves a mug of water), etc.

If you have any suggestions please let me know (I knit, scrapbook & can sew, but do not know how to crochet, so keep that in mind :D). Well, I'm off to scoure the internet some more.

No comments: